Cancer Community

Swollen lymph nodes / cancer ? (1018)

As of late, (week) I've noticed a small bump located in the area of my right neck (you can feel it if you were to check my pulse in the carotid artery).  I used to chew tobacco prior but since quit.  I am a 36 year old male.  I don't have a sore throat, my voice isn't horse, i don't have a cough, however, I have been experiencing sinus issues.  My neck aches as I turn toward my right side as do my ears slightly.  Now I am fixated with the bump and it has become tender probably from me touching it.  I am scared to death that it is some sort of cancer related to chewing tobacco.  I am very afraid.  I have been reading several things relating to this and none of it is reassuring.  Is this a swollen lymph node, a cancerous tumor etc?  I am going to try to go to my pcp tomorrow but I doubt I will get much accomplished tomorrow besides saying we should set some tests up....Please help!
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.