Cancer Community

Throat Nuisance

I have this feeling of having something in my throat, not a lump, but feels like something in my throat that won't go away when trying to clear it.  Have noticed forced swallowing trying to clear what ever is there.  Does not hurt at all, but at times I feel like it almost makes me want to gag.  No sore throat, fever or any other symptoms.  I did have an endoscopy  a few days ago to rule out any problems, but all came back negative.  I was told if still occurs, a swallowing test would need to be performed.  What is this and what can I do to make this go away...just a real nuisance.
How are you? I understand your concern regarding this symptom. And it is good that the endoscopy was fine. This could be due to other issues including post nasal drip which  is due to excess mucus production which may be caused by infection, allergies, medication side effect, changing weather, environmental irritants as well as certain foods. To determine the underlying cause, additional diagnostic tests may need to be done. Take care and do keep us posted.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.