Cancer Community

Throat Pain

I am a 21 year old non smoker, currently suffering a few days of neck pain, with occasional pain swallowing, sometimes minor ear ache (only on left side). I once had an inflamed lyph node (some months ago) but then nothing unil now. I have a history of hypochondria, and identifying pains with no cause, and was begining to worry about having pancreatic cancer or some bowl problems before, but this certainly seems real. Pain comes and goes.

It basically began when I read about Hitchens getting throat cancer some days ago, but that doesnt make the pain or worry less real. I've felt my neck and can feel tons of little lumps and bumps, none seem unusual to me... but I wouldnt know.

What sould I do? is it cancer? infection? absys? or a panic attack?
Should add that this year I have smoked Shisha a bit, and been out with someone who had a throat infection a month ago.

My symptoms are; Ear ache (gone today), Throbing pain for a couple of mins in neck, ache in jaw, kind of a heavyness of the throat, once or twice ive had pain swallowing.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.