Cancer Community

Throat cancer?

Hello I am a 28 year old male and I am concerned about throat cancer. Almost 2 and a half weeks ago I had laid down to take a nap and when I awoke I had weird pain on the left side of my throat when I swallowed. This lasted for about a day and got a lot better but there was still some minor pain every so often when I swallowed. I do have acid reflux and allergies with bad post nasal drip and had a scope about 2 and a half years ago showing some minor irritation around my focal cords. I am supposed to take nexium but have forgottin to quiet abit lately. I went to my doctor and she said she could see the drainage and put me on a zpack. I also should tell you I have OCD and panic over cancer. I have had a constant dry cough for many years and even a touch of asthma but very minor. I waited a week and the symptoms did not go completely away and I had a panic attack and went to ER. They did chest x-ray and CT of my throat and blood work and all was normal. I still have drainage and some noisy breath sounds if I inhale really hard or exhale really hard. Could this be a tumor in my throat causing the breath sounds? Even though the ct was negitive. I did chew snuff but quit and my mouth was checked and was clear. This all happened very quickly within a week. can acid reflux cause this along with post nasal drip? Three doctors told me if I had cancer in my throat the CT would have showed it, especially if it was big enough to cause breathing sounds. I have no fever, swollen nodes or weightloss or problems swallowing and the pain comes and goes and is not severe at all. So I am confused and I do make it worse by poking, pushing, swallowing over and over to see if I can feel it and so on. Please any advise is helpful to help me chill out.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.