Cancer Community

Uterine cancer

Hello! So a couple days ago my daughter found a weird lump close to the base of her vagina. There was a sore on it, that started to ooze and bleed on and off throughout the day (she hasn't had her period yet so at first I thought that's what was happening). It started bleeding a little less after the first day, but continued to inconsistently bleed for about 2 more days. It then stopped. I did some online research and freaked myself out because one site said that this is a sign of Uterine Cancer. The lump is still there and it looks a little red, but it is not bleeding. Can someone tell me what it is?
How is your daughter? How old is she and what are other symptoms present? Lump in the vagina may be caused by infection, inflammation, folliculitis as well as skin and gynecological issues like bartholin's cyst. While unusual bleeding, discharge or spotting may be a symptom of uterine cancer, diagnosis still depends on a variety of factors. If it persists, it is best that you have this checked by a gynecologist for proper evaluation. Direct clinical examination and additional diagnostic tests may need to be done. Take care and do keep us posted.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.