Worried about having breast cancer

I'm a 16 year old student, im a player of volleyball, sometimes I'm accendentally hit by the ball. In my grade school days Im often hit by an elbow ect..
And know Im experiencing breast pain. I also noticed lumps in my breast. every morning when i wake up, im experiencing more pain. Is this still a normal thing? I sometimes massage, and do somethings just to lessen the pain. Can it affect? Could massaging, to lessen the pain, cause mre damage?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
At the age of 16, painful lumps in the breast are more likely to be because of benign conditions like fibroadenoma than an after-effect of a sporting injury. This is a fairly common problem. Does the pain increase in intensity around the time of your menstrual period? Does anyone else in your family have a similar problem?
It is usually not beneficial to massage the breasts in an effort to reduce the pain and discomfort. Primrose oil application and Vitamin E supplements are occasionally found to be useful.
All the best, and God Bless!
Helpful - 1
That is a very good idea.
Please remember to drop me a line after the doctors review!
Good Luck!
Helpful - 0
thank you for the help i will talk to my parents and book a doctors appointment :)
Helpful - 0
The red bump on your abdominal wall is likely to be benign (non-cancerous). Have your parents seen the bump?
If it does not go away soon, maybe you could discuss with your parents and also go and see a doctor.
All the very best, and God Bless!
Helpful - 0
hi i was just wondering if you had any idea whether a red bump on my stomach could lead to cancer it doesnt hurt of itch  or anything its just there and do you know how to cure it
its worrying me a bit considering i am only 12
Helpful - 0

Fibroadenoma is a benign condition and does not lead to cancer.

At your age the commonest cause for painful lumps in both breast is a condition called “fibrocystic breast disease” This is a benign condition and is associated with hormonal changes, so the symptoms increase during menstrual periods.

If your symptoms are distressing, you may consult your doctor. But you do not need to be unduly worried about cancer. Massaging is not necessary and you should not overdo it as it will not change your condition in any way. Sometimes lumps can occur after an injury to the breast. These too are entirely benign.

Good Luck!
Helpful - 0
Can  fibroadenoma  cause me cancer in the future? To answers your question as far as i know No One in our family had/has this kind of problem. I've read in a site that smooth massage can help the blood circulate more in the breast. When I massage my breast it lessen the pain. But thank you for your kind responds. I appriciate it well. Is it normal to have painful lumps in my age?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Cancer Forum

Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.