Cancer Community

arm lump

I have had this lump on my upper arm, underneath about three inches from my armpit, for almost four years. I have gone to the doctor and had her look at it. All she said was it was probably nothing.  It gives of a throbbing pain every so often and is tender to the touch. I am worried that it might be a tumor because I have recently had my thryoid removed because of two tumors. Should I have this evaluated again and ask if it is a tumor.
I know that I can't be the only one with such an issue!!!! Help please!!!
I would certainly at least ask your Doctor for a more detailed explanation of what "probably nothing" means.   I know how upsetting those types of lumps  can be.  The only sure way to find out is a biopsy.   Be proactive and tell your Doctor you would like it biopsied.
I thought that was what I should do, but wanted someone else's  view point as well. Even more so because I have already had tumors found in my body. Thank you.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.