Cancer Community

benign or malignant?

Ohkay. So we found out that my baby brother (2 yrs. old) has a tumor in his tongue. We have a biopsy scheduled  in a week *i think*. They are going to take a piece of the tumor and find if it cancerous or just another benign tumor. I am really scared and nervous though. He's only 2! I need some advice on what to expect if it IS cancer, and what Chemotherapy or Radiation Therapy would do to him. Also, could tongue cancer spread? Does it have low/high survival rates? Nervous. *nervous because almost everyone on my mom's side had got cancer and died from it*
My goodness. You have my sympathies!

Little children are top priority with physicians, and I am certain they will choose the therapeutic regiman that will cause the least harm, and fewest side effects.

The best thing to do is to listen to their advice. Ask them to suggest alternatives, if something they want to do bothers you.

I will say a prayer for your brother.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.