Cancer Community

breast cancer

im afraid that i might have this, suddenly i felt this sharp pain on my upper left breast. i just finished my period 3 days ago.. its almost 2 days now. i took analgesic and put on some cream. what could this be? i havent visit the gp yet,
How are you? Breast pain can also be caused by hormonal changes, inflammation or infection. The risk for breast cancer increases with personal or family history of breast cancer, early menarche, previous chest radiation or hormone therapy, among others, ( http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/BreastCancer/DetailedGuide/breast-cancer-risk-factors ). If the pain persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.