Cancer Community

growing lump in lower right abdomen

i have a lump in my right lower abdomen. it was the size of a almond when i first noticed it about 3 months ago. it is now about the size of an orange. there is no pain when i press it, but it does twinge now & again. i feel a heaviness/pressure in the area it is. at night i have aching hips & legs which can wake me/keep me awake. i also have back pain  but this is not constant.
10 weeks ago i had servere pain just above my pubic bone which woke me from my sleep. i was bent double with pain. i was sweating, felt sick and felt faint. after 20 mins & calling nhs direct the pain gradually went.
Last nov i had a mireva fitted to help with heavy periods & bleeding in bewteen periods. This has been great. my periods are light & pain free, & no bleeding in between. The only side effect really is that I have gained weight especially around my tummy.
I'm thinking i may have a fibroid as these do run in my family, and dont need medical attention.
If you were my mother or sister, I'd tell you to please see an OBGYN immediately, so I'm asking you as a friend.  You're right, there is a possibility it's not that serious, but you won't know for sure until you get it checked out. Please let me know.

Peace and Love,

Angie
I too thought I had a fibroid and managed to live with it for over a year, but it had grown so large that I opted for removal, which I am glad I did as it turned out to be a tumor. You should go to your Doctor and ask him to do an ultra sound to see if they can at least determine if it is a fibriod and then have it removed.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.