Cancer Community

infection?

Hi there, thanks in advance for your help. I went to my GP 4 days ago with a sore throat on the right side, with which i had difficulty opening my mouth without pain and it hurt to eat and swallow. She told me it was an infection and gave me erythromycin. However, my glands don't feel swollen but the inside of my right cheek at the back (where the joint of my jaw is) feels like there is a lumpy patch and the side of my face feels numb. I also have a painful spot on the right side of my tongue and there is a tender spot just under my jaw, about 2 inches back from my chin. The last couple of days my ears also feel blocked and I feel generally unwell. Do you think this is anything more than a general infection? I am quite worried as I've not had symptoms like this before and would just like another opinion. Thank you
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.