Cancer Community

jaw lump

I have a marble size lump on my left side jaw under a broken tooth.  T lump is hard, does not move and only hurts when I touch or press on it.  I have been using heat and ice to try and reduce it.  I found it about 3 weeks ago and I was going through some stress. I would like it if I could maybe get some info or suggestions.  Thank you
My first guess is it is not cancer - have you seen a dentist or primary care doctor about the broken tooth?

If you can take aspirin you may try that also to reduce the lump... i.e., swelling.  Given the time I think it wise to consult your doctor - from the tooth relationship I think I'd try the dentist first.  You may find more help on other communities than cancer - see your choices here on MedHelp by clicking on the drop down menu at the top left of this page:  Forums.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.