Aa
A
A
A
Close
Cancer Community
6.52k Members

jaw lump

I have a marble size lump on my left side jaw under a broken tooth.  T lump is hard, does not move and only hurts when I touch or press on it.  I have been using heat and ice to try and reduce it.  I found it about 3 weeks ago and I was going through some stress. I would like it if I could maybe get some info or suggestions.  Thank you
1 Responses
612551 tn?1450025775
My first guess is it is not cancer - have you seen a dentist or primary care doctor about the broken tooth?

If you can take aspirin you may try that also to reduce the lump... i.e., swelling.  Given the time I think it wise to consult your doctor - from the tooth relationship I think I'd try the dentist first.  You may find more help on other communities than cancer - see your choices here on MedHelp by clicking on the drop down menu at the top left of this page:  Forums.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.