Cancer Community

male lump on left side of rib

I recently found a soft lump on my boyfriends left side middle rib cage. The lump is about 1 inch to 1 1/2 inch in diameter. He has no pain around that area. He did not even know it was there. He has migraines but doctors are studying him for that. They gave him medicines to relieve his migraines for now.

What are the possible diagnosis you can tell me about this so I may further research on it, just in case.
Hi.  If that soft lump is movable (not fixed to the chest wall) and seems to be located just underneath the skin, it's probably just a benign condition like a lipoma (a non-cancerous growth consisting of fat cells) or an epidermal inclusion cyst (an accumulation of oily secretions from skin glands, which got clogged up).
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.