Cancer Community

neck hardlump on newborn

Hello anyone.my newborn 19days age he had a lump on left side neck.when im touching or press he not pain.now he at hospital just give antibiotic. ..doctors not deciced what is that.im not blame they but im sad looking my baby being like mice lab u know.help me please.
Hi, understand your anxiety. It could be a branchial cleft cyst, they are firm and sometime enlarge if the are filling with fluid. These have to be removed usually but are not serious. Sometimes infants are born with a condition called torticollis, a spasm with scarring of the sternomastoid muscle that requires time and sometime PT to correct, and rarely surgery.  It could also be enlarged (reactive) lymph nodes, in response to an infection. Based on the diagnosis made therapy will be planned. Good luck with his therapy. Regards.

Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.