Cancer Community

neck lump

right side of neck, nickel size hard, feels round lump "Just Appeared" this evening.  I am freaking out......Cancer or not....not painful, just popped out....i am scared.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the lump. Possibilities that may need to be considered include lymph nodes, growths from structures in the neck or the surrounding connective tissue etc. Acute lumps are less likely to be cancerous. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed or suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care maybe sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Tae care!
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.