Cancer Community

neuroblastoma

My 10month old baby boy has neuroblastoma a lump 9cm in abdomen. How long before the chemo treatment will shrink it?
It usually takes around 6 months of treatment this means 6 courses of chemotherapy but i also think it depends on what stage the cancer is at you need to find out from your sons consultant he  or she should explain everything you need to know about neuroblastoma. They will do more scans after the 6 courses of treatment to see how it has come along dont forget each indivdual child takes to the treatment differently . so just take each step by the time and Best of Luck.... My 2 year old is now in remission and we are awaiting results for his last scan. He had neuroblastoma in his neck...
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.