Cancer Community

painful lump on palm of hand

I am new to this site, so I apologize if there are similar posts.  Just this morning I felt pain in my palm like it was bruised.  I noticed a lump on my palm between the base of my thumb and pointer finger.  It is swollen and tender to the touch and is about a centimeter around.  It is not bony, and follows right along the life line in my palm.  It is not perfectly circle.  I am 24, female and healthy.  I am though at high risk for skin cancer due to several moles and I have a bony lump on my head as well which I have had a cat-scan for.  (The doctors said it was 'normal')  I am hoping this is not related.  It is definitely under the skin and not on top of the skin like a mole.  
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.