Cancer Community

pancreatic cancer question/help

i was wondering if i can get some advice

i read pancreatic cancer is a silent illness,

i am 31 year ol from uk, i have had diahrrea most of my life and stomach pains. pale stools,(having a colon scopy done soon for this) i have been a smoker and a drinker too.

few months ago, i became very weal dizzy and ill. still am, i am, i keep getting hypoglycemia symptoms, brainfog, i did faint once was taken to emergency hospital. the nurse said i had low sugar levels, gave me buscuits to fix me, i didnt know back then that it wasnt normal to have low sugar levels, i will be getting this checked, i am still weak, dizzy also suffering depression from this also have had iflamation of the eyes which im on steroids for my liver  enzymes have been mildly elivated for many years and never been investigated apart from a ultrasound showing its fine.

get pains/burning on the right upper side of stomach also towards the upper centre, i did have a gastrscopy done of stomach and deodenum year ago was fine, i been treating it for gastritis, the medication helps but not much, milk helps, some foods make it wores and certain sour drinks including orange juice

i have had ultrasound of th gallbladder,pancreas, liver
cea,crp,esr,u &e,fbc were normal,  bloodtest also neg for all hepititis viruses and autoimmune blood test

A friends father had somthing wrong with his pancreas, inflamation i believe and he would drink milk to ease the symptoms of pain, also alcohol and sour drink would make his condition worse.

does it it sound like im suffering from some form of pancrease issue inflamation? can it be cancer thats affecting my liver too? what tests should i do?

im still suffering after months of weakness dizzneyy, hypoglycemia symptoms, got another blood test tomrrow to test sugar level.
Sounds like it is your pancreas and/or liver.  Did you have a Liver Panel, Amylase, Glucose and Lipase labs drawn recently?  Are you seeing a Gastroenterologist?

Keep us posted.
hi

yes i will be seeing gastroetologist end of may

i havent had the Amylase,lipase bloof tests, is it somthing a standard family dr can request for? so the burning can very wel be the pancreas? does milk normally help relieve the burning? i do have fatty liver tested for all hep viruses and autoimmune didease and was negative.
thanks

mike
sorry forgot to mention, they did do an ultra sound of pancreas and was told it was normal, do pancreas disorders not be detected by ultrasound, like inflamation?
Your PCP/GP can order the Amylase, Lipase labs as well as a Liver Panel and Glucose labs for starts.  I believe there is something going on with the pancreas and/or liver functioning.

Until you see the the GI physician, try to decrease the alcohol and watch your diet.  I have a feeling your diet is probably not the best, but I could be wrong. :)

Keep us posted.

hi thanks again for the reply,

my drinking habbits have been on and off, for a few years, i havent had a drink since i have been ill, but i do recall 2 weeks later when i went ill and weak, i had a ooth removed and was placed on antibiotics after 2 weeks of taking them, i began to get burning and pain, in that region top middle and right of stomach. and it has remained there for a while now, milk does help it alittle.

heard with aute attacks its severe with chronic it just get worse and worse,
had a full pannel for liver that was fine, also had clucose test too was fine,  would inflamation of pancreas not show up on ultrasound? because it was fine on there.

i will go to drs and request for the pancreas tests

thank you very much, very helpful advice
sorry just wanted to add
yea my diet hasnt been too good, alot of fats and sugars in my diet, im eating healthy now, i was a smoker too which i have quit too. the diharea i have had since i was 19 i am 31 now, maybe the cause of that is some kind of food intolerance? or can it be chronic pancreaitis
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.