Aa
A
A
A
Close
Candida and other Fungi Community
9 Members

How do I address Candida overgrowth?

During the course of my lifetime, I've been to dozens of doctors, herbalists, and other kinds of professionals, and have always been told I have a rash that can't be treated...although my symptoms are severe to extreme now, in one mild form or another I've been suffering since I was about 4 years old...

I have (what I consider) a severe Candida overgrowth.  I'm male, 33 1/2 years old, 6'2, 210 lbs., and have always had immune system issues.

I completed the questionaire at http://www.wholeapproach.com/candida/questionnaire.php  and scored 417

On 6-23-2015 I had my first ever diagnosis of this fungis, and I was prescribed 200mg fluconazole (taken once each week for four weeks) along with clotrimazole topical cream.

For the first week, I saw improvement. The second week nothing. The third week, it began to get slightly worse.  Now, two days shy of completing week 4, it is spreading from my pecks down to my waistline.

My next doctor appointment is July 22, and I am very worried.  My joints hurt, my brain hardly functions some days, and I fall down about once every 7-14 days because I suddenly have no sense of where I am in space/time.

I'm not sure exactly what my question is, but if you (doctors/community) could talk about this in terms of how to talk to my doctor, what to expect from treatment, how long this might take, and if there's any permanent damage.

The effected skin is from the top of my head, down my neck (all around), all over my face, down both shoulders, arms, and the backs of both hands, down the top of my chest/pecks, and is spreading further down as of the last 24 hours (it seems).

I was instructed to apply cream twice each day but have been unable to do that many applications for several days now because I apply it and am soon in a state of hives and must go shower again to get it off.

I am at wits end. I often feel like I'm dying, (not suicidal now) and even attempted suicide about two years ago.  I can't work, I can hardly eat, am constantly bloated with indigestion, and have gained about 70 lbs. in the last year despite eating about 1/5 of my normal dietary amounts.
0 Responses
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.