A
A
A
Close
Candida Community
44 Members

Red blotches after shower? Hives?

Female, 16, no medication.

I know that it's normal to get red blotches following a hot shower, but it seems that these blotches have a very small welt in the middle? This has always happened to me, but it's only recently that I've taken note of it.

I have also been getting random hives that are different to these ones. Every few days I get a single mosquito bite looking hive. And when I say random, I mean random. Any part of the body, any time of the day, any location, and sometimes before I've eaten food at all.

In regards to the shower ones, I know about aquagenic urticaria, but I swim and have baths and it doesn't happen. I also know about cholinergic urticaria, but I don't seem to notice it when I exercise. Sometimes when I exercise my thighs get itchy, but I thought this was just because I'm unfit.

I've attached pictures of the hives, the first one is a close up after a shower (lukewarm water, 5 minutes max), the second is one on my upper arm (sorry for the poor quality), and the bottom one is after the same shower.

I don't know if the shower 'hives' and the others are related.

Any suggestions are welcome.
1 Responses
I apologise, I wasn't supposed to put this in this group.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.