I am 58 I am now evacuated from the area close to the Japan earthquake. In 2002 had angioplasty no stent, every 2 recheck, CT scan/ Also 24 hour holter,results were good! Decent cholesterol levels and only slightly elevated triglycerides.
I am slightly overweight, but less than two years ago. Usual bp around 116/70 or 130/84. Most recently it has had a high distolic 140/98.Even pre quake. As recently as 2008 good.
1) Why holter etc are good but distolic creeping up?
2) Day of quake it was 162/110. Got blopess 8 local clinic, tab each AM. After 5 days, before Am tablet, it was 146/96
3) Does it take more time to stabilize?
2) The stress of the Earthquake is understandable, but even before that, it was creeping up. How to understand that in light of continuing decent holter and CT scan numbers?
3) When is it time to evaluate the effectiveness of the meds?
An anecdoctal thing--ever since a period of high stress in 2007 I have noticed a hissing in my ears (kind of tinitus). It comes and goes. Ever since the regimine of BP medicine it is gone, except briefly on waking up. I say anecdotal because i had it less frequently in the past, presumably related to allergies. and even before the BP med it came and went. But this time it seems to e related to the BP med. Perhaps not.
Thank you for your time.
i will remain in the evacuation area for another week or two with my cats. There are doctors nearby, but I am guessing there is time to wait and let the current med take its course....Perhaps i should measure the BP at various times before and after the Blopress?
paul in japan