Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Forum

Do I need meds for Mitral Valve Regurgitation

I was rushed to the hospital due to heart palpataions and after my Echo, I was told that I have Thickening of the MItral Valve leaflets with mild regurgitation.  My heart rate is at rest is always around 100 -120.  I have been feeling dizzy (sometimes but not with exercise...just laying down or siting at my job) and very tired all the time.  I have a pain in the left side of my neck where the cartiroid is and it's not sharp or anything but it feels strained.  Should I get a second opinion and/or be on medication.  I'm to scared to workout and I love to run but the last time I did and I checked my heart rate...the treadmill wouldn't give a pulse...it said to stop running.  
It is unusual for the resting heart rate to be over 100 in a health person. You should be evaluated to determine the cause of this and to see what if any treatment is necessary. This will allow you to feel more comfortable and resume a normal exercising regimen.

Best of health
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.