Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Forum

cardiomyopathy in the family

My father had a cardiomyopathy with recurrent CHF and died in 1982
My brother was diagnosed with a cardiomyopathy ?type,  7 yrs ago and has an EF of 35% and is having an ICD placed
Should the family consider any medical testing or gene testing?
Hello
Im sorry to hear of the illness of your family members. What age was your father and brother and what factors were attributed to the process. What type of cardiomyopathy ie viral, alcoholic, ischemic. What was the problem attributed to. This information would go a long way to determining the impact of gene or environmental factors.
thanks
Is a low-fat diet really that heart healthy after all? James D. Nicolantonio, PharmD, urges us to reconsider decades-long dietary guidelines.
Can depression and anxiety cause heart disease? Get the facts in this Missouri Medicine report.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
Learn what happens before, during and after a heart attack occurs.
What are the pros and cons of taking fish oil for heart health? Find out in this article from Missouri Medicine.
How to lower your heart attack risk.