404138 tn?1308941656

Assistant living

Where can I find assistant living in my area for a loved one....either live in care...or assistant living where she could live in a close knit community that helps with food, medicine, etc. She is not elderly but she is disabled....Please help!
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
Hi, in the phone book usually in the yellow pages look under social services.  Hope this helps.
Helpful - 0
547368 tn?1440541785
I agree with Kobuk. Your county seat should have a community action program or human services department (they are called different things in different parts of the country) that can best direct you.

Have help with your selection. Some facilities are better than others and offer better services. Many have special or specific focuses and you will want one that best suits your loved ones needs.

Best of Luck,
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Caregivers Community

Popular Resources
Could our telomeres hold the key to curing cancer and preventing aging? Learn more in this article from Missouri Medicine.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Keep your bones strong and healthy for life