In nc, is their any help for my mom?

My mom who has demetia and very bad legs, she uses a walker, lives with my brother and his wife most of the time, and I go and take care of her as well when i can, she is 88 and very incontinent, we have her in adult depends and we have pads all over the couch and chair where she sits.  My question is.. does anybody know of an agency in nc that helps the elderly with care products that are free or at the very least, dont cost to much? This situation is all new to us, and we dont know where to turn for help, there must be some resources, and if anyone knows please let me know, so we can help our mom.
thank you!
I am sorry that your mom is not well and commend all of you for helping her,you might call D.H.S Dept of human services also there is a number, am not real sure of the name but it is for the elderly. it mught be elderly, I know if you are on low income, the dhs will get someone to help, and they supply all needs for the elderly or diabled. , if nothing else call the health dept, and see if thety know a number,   i wish you lots of luck  jo
just remembered you go through the dr, my mom was on soc sec, they called health care, and they offered her every thing like you want also wheel char bed, whatever she needed, also i know this one lady, she lives with her daufgter, and the daughter makes good money, but she has all of these things and it was through her dr,they also come out and give her bath whatever, i do hope this helps   luck  jo
Thank you so much for your help. Im going to go thru the doc as well, and hopefully she will have the things she needs. Its so sad to see her like this, i feel like she isnt even my mom anymore at times, only because she gets so distant and seems to be in another mindstate. Then after alittle while, she will be her self again. I know this is going to be a tough year for her, as well as the rest of the family, and I so appreciate your help and support.
Have a blessed day and thanks again!
Hi I am a Patient Care Tech in Greenville, SC I work for an agency called Community Long Term Care. This program would be great for your mother. I would call your local NC Department of health and human service to see if they have a simular program. The service that I provide is helping my clients with adult daily living such as bathing, cleaning, cooking, and just being there friend, etc... This program also provides frozen meals delivered every week.. it's not meals on wheels... this food is actually pretty good, also they provide breifs, wipes, other services to help the family such as pest control, heating and air, they even help pay some bills when times are hard. I have one client who's AC broke and the agency got him an AC unit. Moreover, I have another client that had a leaky roof and it was causing damage to the home. The agency pain to have the roof fixed. So, call DHHS to see if your mom can get a service like this. But she does need insurance to pay for it. The agency I work for takes medicade. I commend you and your family for taking care of your mother... it is not an easy job. This program in SC is designed to keep people living at home or with family as long as possible. I have worked at a lot of nursing homes here in SC and I really don't have much good to say about them.

Best of wishes

You are reading content posted in the Caregivers Community

Could our telomeres hold the key to curing cancer and preventing aging? Learn more in this article from Missouri Medicine.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Keep your bones strong and healthy for life