end of life care home health aides

If a person is in hospice care, are there any profit or  non profit hospice providers whose mission it is to provide  24 hour home health aides or nursing assistants when necessary, who are MAP..  certified/qualified to give medication and are supervised by the hospice agency.  I have seen this with a veteran in california, shifts of 3 days on, 3 days off, but am now looking for one in new york.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hello Caren,

I don't know of any volunteer agencies that will offer round the clock care. They may exist in certain locations but to my knowledge they are far and few between.

When my Dad was in Hospice in WI there was a volunteer that could sit with him for a few hours.  I found no overnight help, or even evening assistance. In Hospice a client's care will fall mainly to the family or the Primary Caregiver.  

Sorry I can be of more help. I really don't think what you are looking for exists as a general rule. Wouldn't it be wonderful if they did.

I hope you'll be able to find more help caring for your loved one. I wish you the very best.

Blessings,
~Tuck
Helpful - 0
I live in Ga and we do not have the 24 hour care here either. they gave me a list of ones who will do it for a price.

its most the time the family that does it as long as they are in your home. i do know when the time comes they stay with you around the clock until they pass, or they did with my grandmother.

prayers are you find your help.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Caregivers Community

Could our telomeres hold the key to curing cancer and preventing aging? Learn more in this article from Missouri Medicine.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Keep your bones strong and healthy for life