Carpal tunnel syndrome during pregnancy ?

When I wake up, my hands ache and they are in a bending position that hurts when I straighten them out . Its hurts so bad , but I have never had this pain until the end of my pregnancy. What can I do ?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I had severe carpal tunnel during pregnancy.  I went to doc, then to ortho guy and got splints to wear at night.  Worked very well!  Pretty much cleared up after pregnancy.  I still use them now and then, as twenty years after I was pregnant, I am now experiencing the symptoms on and off again.  Splints help a lot.
Helpful - 0
I have discovered something that could help you and the best part is that you will be just as shocked as I was at what may be causing these symptoms to appear or, making it worse.  I too have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and have suffered severely over the last 35 years.    CTS is an inflammatory condition as is arthritis and various other painful conditions.  Not surprisingly there are certain foods that exacerbate these conditions. Try this and see if it helps you.  Take the 30 day challenge of excluding all foods in the nightshade food group ie. Potatoes, tomatoes, peppers and eggplant. And see if your condition improves.  Hard to believe?  Yes! But my pain has decreased so dramatically in 2 weeks I almost can't believe it.  After the 30 days are up try reintroducing them one at a time and see if the pain returns.  Also avoid blueberries and huckleberries  since they have alkaloid compounds in them that will cause inflammation too. I hope that everyone that posted here checks back and reads this and tries it.
   I hope it helps you as it has me.  I only wish that I would have discovered this simple solution, to such a painful problem, many years ago.  If it helps you please pass it on to as many other people as you can.  Good health to you
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Community

Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches