Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Community
118 Members

I need to know if my symptoms could be related to carpal tunnel?

Hi there, about a month ago my right thumb became numb but the numbness went away after a few hours. Well 3 days ago my right thumb became numb again but this time it was to the point of where I dropped a carton of milk because I couldn't feel my thumb, or brushing my teeth and hair is difficult now. I wasn't doing anything at the time that my thumb became numb so I'm so confused on what it could be. It is only my thumb, no other fingers or limbs. If I touch my thumb it feels very odd, as if I'm being electrocuted, there's alot of pressure. And to touch other objects, I can't feel it very well. Tomorrow will be day 4 and I just wanted to know if carpal tunnel can affect only the thumb? I am a hard working stay at home mom and I don't sit at a desk and work on a computer or write all day either, I'm usually running around doing stuff and staying active. I don't want to go to the doctor just for them to send me away. If it is carpal tunnel, I have read it can take up to 2 weeks to go away, so I will wait to avoid going to the doctor for no reason. If it doesn't affect only the thumb then I just want to know if going to the doctor would be recommended or if it is safe to wait it out?
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches