Aa
A
A
A
Close
Cats Community
4.01k Members

Cat Injury? Cyst like protrusion missing hair around wound.

Hello, I recently discovered a cyst like wound on my cats left foreleg today.. I believe the cyst has been opened as their appears to be a small opening where there is some blood colored ooze within. I cleaned the wound but when attempting to bandage it with gauze and bandage tape, my cat retracted her arm and moaned whenever I would attempt to apply the bandage, as if any pressure on the wound hurt her.

I would also like to note that before I noticed this wound, my cat appeared to have a sprain injury accompanied by some swelling on the same foreleg only 1 week ago. She would limp on her left foreleg but she was able to apply some pressure on it when walking, so I assumed it was a sprain, not a fracture. After a couple of weeks, she appeared to be walking mostly normal with little to no perceivable swelling. Now, following this injury I suspect it is something completely different. Please, if anyone could provide some insight on what the injury could be, I would be very grateful!
2 Responses
242912 tn?1402547092
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hello.  Good photo, I see what you mean about the middle.  This looks like it could be the beginning of an abscess.  Maybe from a possible spider bite or a sting from an insect...?  I'm not sure though.  It doesn't look like an animal bite.  Someone else may have an idea.  Since this has been going on a week, and is clearly painful for your girl, I would get her to the vet for an evaluation.

Keep us posted...  
7052683 tn?1392942395
Hi NS22,
I agree with Jade ---she should see a vet. That is the only way for you to know what it is and how to help her pain.
Please see the vet
Let us know what he says--this is how we learn and may help others.
Thanks.'
CML
Have an Answer?
Top Cats Answerers
874521 tn?1424120397
Canada..., SK
506791 tn?1439846583
Saint Mary's County, MD
242912 tn?1402547092
CA
740516 tn?1360946086
Brazil
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Ooh and aah your way through these too-cute photos of MedHelp members' best friends
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child