Cats Community

Deciphering Medical Records

Hello. Please assist me if possible:

Last week, my pet cat who had diabetes for nearly four years experienced a hypoglycemia emergency. I brought her to the only vet open at the time. She was treated for the emergency, but arrested a few hours later, was resuscitated, improved somewhat then her condition worsened, and was discharged nearly three days later with very high glucose, heavy fast breathing, and she died within a half-hour after leaving the hospital. Needless to say, I have sustained a tremendous loss.

I obtained the medical records, yet the doctors handwriting (not the terms) is somewhat difficult for me to understand at points. I wish to know if you could look at the one page I am uncertain about and interpret what the notes indicate. Thank you for any assistance or direction you can provide.