Cats Community

Foster Kittens

Maggie Moo and Baskin Robbins were adopted yesterday!  Yeah!.  All of my fosters were bumped from the surgery schedule on Monday because there were just too many others to do, but hopefully, all but Good Humor Man and Blue bunny, who are still too little, will be spayed or neutered tomorrow.  Blue Bunny will probably be ready for adoption in about another week and Good Humor Man will still be with me for a while.  Once Blue Bunny is at the shelter, I'll probably bring 3-4 others home for fostering.  I need to keep the numbers at 5 or 6 max I think.  10 is just a bit too much while I am spending so much time at the shelter with kitten day care and other things.
Great news! YAY!!!
It's so nice to know that the end result for taking care of these animals is gratifying and worth it.
I'm happy for the babies :-)
COMMUNITY LEADER
that is great news!!!
They had good care and I hope they have found homes where they will continue to be loved and well cared for.
My love to GHM, I hope he too will soon gain some weight and be healthy.
It's really wonderful you do this.  Just think of how many cats owe their now happy existences to you.  I believe there's a special place for those who do as you.
Three more got adopted today!.....Dairy Queen, Haagen Dazs, and Blue Bell.

Jess, Jo Jo, and Toby are still at the shelter.  Never have understood why black cats are harder to get adopted.

Blue Bunny is now over 2 pounds, so will take him back to the shelter for neuter either Monday or Wednesday next week.

That will just leave Good Humor Man at home, so will probably get 2-3 more fosters when I take Blue Bunny back.
"Never have understood why black cats are harder to get adopted. "

I don't either.  I have a very soft spot for black cats!  I think they are beautiful, especially handsome in a red collar!  Looks like they are in their tux!
I would take all three of them if I could!!! I love black cats. But I trust someone with a good home and heart will adopt them. They are adorable!

Keep the good news coming, nancy!!!
Me either, I loved the black ones at the first sight! - and I alredy have 3 black girls... :-)
Luck for you all!!
COMMUNITY LEADER
yes Nancy I have heard that same thing from our local shelter.

I too love black cats.....at one time I had 3, that was years ago, now I have my Nemo who is very black and is so handsome when he gives that 'toothy white grin' of his...lol
I am laughing as I type this.  Blue Bunny and Zany, my large adult Bengal, are sitting beside my desk chair about 4 inches apart and Blue Bunny is imitating Zany's every movement.  If she changes position, he changes to the same position.  It is hilarious to watch...LOL.
I brought home one of the day care kittens today.  He is an orange tabby named Tucker and seems to be in the same situation as Good Humor Man was a week or so ago.  Tucker suddenly and drastically started losing weight.  He is back down to about the same size as Good Humor Man is now.  We gave him some subcutaneous fluid for his dehydration and antibiotics for a probable intestinal infection.  Haven't gotten any photos of him yet, but will try to take some tomorrow.
Posted some photos of Tucker in my Foster Kittens album plus some new ones of Good Humor Man and Blue Bunny.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi Nancy, I'm so excited to read 5 of your *charges* got adopted.  Poor little black ones.  I hope they get adopted and appreciated soon.  Seems anyone who would take a black kitty is Here...at MedHelp, lol...unfortunately :(

I saw your new pics and Tucker is darling.  Odd how suddenly they just start to backslide.  I see him and GHM are getting along already :)  

p.s.  I commented on your June19th post about Blue Bunny and Zany and how cute that was, but since you see no reply from me, I obviously forgot to hit send, lol...
Took Blue Bunny back to the shelter this morning to be neutered and now he is with Jess, Jo Jo, and Toby again waiting to be adopted.  So at the moment I only have GHM and Tucker at home.  Tucker is doing better.  He has stopped losing weight and it more active.  He and GHM are buds.  Little GHM is finally the big brother and he seems to love being in that position after having 9 brothers and sisters that were almost twice his size....LOL.
Jess was adopted today!!!!!!  That leaves Jo Jo, Toby, and Blue Bunny at the shelter and Good Humor Man and Tucker at home.
Blue Bunny was adopted today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brought Jo Jo and Toby back home.  Those 2 are either hypochondriacs or they have figured out how to play me.  Every time I take them back to the shelter for adoption they get sick and every time I bring them home again they are suddenly just fine.
COMMUNITY LEADER
great news on the adoptions.....Jo Jo and Toby know a good thing when they got it!!
they love their home with you..
COMMUNITY LEADER
Oh Yay!  So happy for little "messy" Jess and Blue Bunny!  

Oh, so cute how GHM is now a big brother to Tucker.  Tucker is a darling little guy.  GHM is getting bigger every day.  Those two make a good team.  I'm sure going to miss GHM when he goes, though.  

Could Jo Jo and Toby be telling you they want to live with You? lol...
Don't even go there guys....LOL.  I'm doomed if I start adopting my own fosters...LOL

Tucker has regained some of his weight, but now he is really congested.  Poor little guy is breathing out of his mouth when his nose gets stopped up.  GHM tries to protect Tucker when Jo Jo or Toby get too rambunctious with him.
Rather hectic day yesterday.  Went to the shelter to prep dogs for an adoption off site and then to set up and display the adoptable dogs at the off site location.  While there I got a call from the shelter because a couple had come in that were interested in adopting Toby.  So I drove home, picked up Toby and Jo Jo, took them up to the shelter to show to this couple.  They ended up not adopting Toby or any other kitten.  Decided as long as I had them out anyway, I would try them at one of the local PetSmart adoption centers we use.  So did that paperwork, drove them to the PetSmart and got them situated there.  Hoping they will get more attention from there since they don't have as many kittens to chose from as at the shelter and hoping they will get adopted before they get sick from being cooped up again..  
COMMUNITY LEADER
Will have my fingers crossed for Toby and Jo Jo.  
COMMUNITY LEADER
me Too!!!
Tucker hit the 2 pound mark this morning, but just barely.  Good Humor Man has about 3 ounces to go.  Tucker is just getting over his URI but now GHM is sneezing a bit.  
I have been dealing with a crisis the last couple of weeks, both with my own foster kittens as well as at the shelter.  Good Humor Man has pneumonia.  We almost lost him over the weekend, but with oxygen therapy, SQ hydration, and lots of antibiotics, he is hanging in there.  He has lost some weight and is very skinny right now.  He isn't out of the woods yet, but with a supplemental tube feeding and SQ hydration, I'm hopeful he will pull through.

Maggie Moo, who as adopted about a month ago, was returned to the shelter over the weekend with a severe case of Chlymedia.  She has lost an eye.  

Toby and Jo Jo came down with ring worm last time they were at the shelter for adoption.  I had to leave them at the shelter for treatment because I just can't keep them issolated from GHM and Tucker and treat 4 kittens with different communicable conditions at the same time, not to mention keeping them away from my own 3 healthy senior cats.

I had scheduled Tucker for neutering today, but he has a mild case of URI, so I decided to wait until he is fully recovered.

Things are even worse at the shelter.  We still have almost 400 kittens and most of them are sick with one thing or another.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Oh Nancy that is sad news poor little GHM he has been battling alot over his short llife.
I do hope you can pull him through this too...he is such a darling...have you ever used Collidial Silver? its supposedly good for the immune system orally. I have only used it topically for Sami's eosphilic scabs and it works wonders on that. I have my fingers crossed for the little guy.

Those shelters are so cramped thus all the diseases spread like wildfire, ours here has had so many dogs put down due to parvo. its heartbreaking.

And poor Maggie Moo that is sad news for her too, she must have been a carrier before being adopted. now lossing an eye, will the adoptive parents still want her?
God I hope so, some people won't accept a handicapped animal.

I commend you for doing what you can for these little darlings, all the while worry about your own kitties....sure don't want them to end up ill also. Must be hard to do all the isolation required and the sanitary conditions too.

I know you are busy but please keep us posted.