Cats Community

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

MY CAT WAS OUT ALL NIGHT LAST NIGHT AND CAME HOME THIS MORNING. HE WAS FINE ALL DAY UNTIL MY DAD SAID HE HAD A CUT UNDER HIS CHIN OR SOMETHING. I LIFTED UP HIS CHIN AND THERE IS A CIRCULAR CUT..A WOUND AND THERE IS A THING INSIDE OF IT. IT'S A WHITE THING BUT IT'S NOT A BONE. I DON'T THINK IT'S PUS BECAUSE IT'S IN THE MIDDLE OF BEING HARD AND SOFT. IT'S LIKE A YELLOW WHITE AND IT SMELLS REALLY BAD. THIS CUT/WOUND IS SURROUNDED BUT A PATCH OF MISSING FUR. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED BUT I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT THIS IS. I HAVE TRIED EXPLAIN IT THE BEST I COULD BUT I CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT. I'VE SEARCHED ON GOOGLE AND CAME ACROSS SOMETHING CALLED AN "ABSCESS" I THOUGHT IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN THAT BUT WHEN I LOOKED AT PICTURES OF THEM, IT LOOKED NOTHING LIKE WHAT MY CAT HAS. ALL THE ABSECESS PICTURES I SAW WHERE LIKE A HUGE BUMP AND WHAT MY CAT HAS ISN'T A BUMP ITS A CUT IN THE SHAPE OF A CIRCLE WITH THIS WEIRD WHITE THING. I POKED IT WITH A QTIP AND IT MOVES BUT IT'S STUCK IN THERE. I PUT A PICTURE UP OF IT. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT THIS IS I'M FREAKIN OUT!!
Are you still there?

Where did you put the picture up???? If it moves it could be a warble fly larva. Does it have a darkish part at the end????
For those trying, I don't think they're taking pet pictures anymore. But...

The big danger here is if the following happened;

Sometimes cats will eat "strange things" and in the process they'll pierce the inner cheek/gum and get lodged between the inner and outer layers of skin.

The bad smell is infection (of course you know that!). But if there's a foreign object in there, it must be removed. Otherwise, it will cause tooth loss, loss of the lower jaw, even death. I'd advise taking him to a vet to be sure.
I've dealt with this, and the removal can be tricky and dangerous (we once had a cat that somehow got three inches of string lodged in the cheek pocket. It pierced the inner and came out the exterior cheek, It looked like a strange, white blob sticking out of the infected area. Once we removed it (carefully!) we were able to clean the area and administer antibiotics, cleaning up the mess. Luckily, no permanent damage was done!