A
A
A
Close
Cats Community
4.01k Members
912322 tn?1243532588

im worried

So my cat had her litter a few days ago, when I got home from work, I went into my room to changa and check on the kittens,I saw that Chloe had moved them into the box I made for them. I was realieved about that. BUT now she barely lays with them. Everytime I go into the room, she is laying away from the kittens. Is that normal? Or should I be cautious? I bought kiten fornula the day they were born just incase she desserted them since she is young.
5 Responses
228686 tn?1211558307
It isn't that unusual, mothers tend to need a break from the kids. :->

Just try to be sure they're all getting fed. Check on their size and weight daily. How old are the wee ones now?

If they are crying excessively then it is because they aren't being cared for. Let us know if that's happening.
685623 tn?1283485207
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Congratulations on your new little ones at home!

Savas is most correct...all moms need a break on occasion.  My wife (although sad) was actually excited to send our 18 yr old off to college this weekend (she needed a break from the "I'm 18 and can do what I want" dialogues)!!

Kittens should gain about 0.25 oz to 0.35 oz daily.  

Have you taken mom and the kids in for a post partum exam at the veterinarian yet?
congrats on being a fur baby grandma!!!

think of it this way...if you had 2-6 babies at one time would you want to be with them every second of every day? lol. every momma needs to have some peace. as long as she's feeding them, cleaning them and what not they're good to go.
912322 tn?1243532588
They are 6 days old. This morning I went in there and she was with them. I was just worried cuz my first cat had kittens a couple yrs ago and she was always with them. I guess every cat is different lol. I haven't taken them to the vet yet, I'm going to next wk when I get paid. Thank god I already have good homes for all of them, all of my sisters want one, so ill beable to see the little ones grow up. I'm for sure getting chloe fixed when she is done nursing.
681148 tn?1437665191
How awesome that you already found homes for all the kittens before they're even a week old!  I would recommend letting mommy cat nurse them the full eight weeks.  Mommy cat knows when to stop nursing.
Have an Answer?
Top Cats Answerers
874521 tn?1424120397
Canada..., SK
506791 tn?1439846583
Saint Mary's County, MD
242912 tn?1402547092
CA
740516 tn?1360946086
Brazil
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Ooh and aah your way through these too-cute photos of MedHelp members' best friends
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child