Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
692762 tn?1227551281

my 3 year old kitty

My cat had kittens 3 years ago, when she was nursing she got a rash. The rash went away, but now it has came back on both bottom nipples, one nipple has a black spot on it and its not getting worst or better. she keeps licking them and it doesnt seem to make it better. The rash looks exactly like what she had when she was nursing. I have put peroxide on it, it shows she has an infection but it seems to make it a bit better. and my cat lets me do this i guess becuz it relieves whatever she feels. i dont know if putting peroxide on an animal is wrong but it seems to work. Its just not going away though. Can it be something internally or is it just a rash/infection on the outside.?  I dont know if i should keep putting peroxide on it? She has been fixed and had all her shots also.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
228686 tn?1211554707
Just as a quick comment I'd take a look at your kitty's diet. It could be you need to use a more holistic, healthy food. Many of the pet foods out there have a great deal of junk in them that are hard for a cat to digest; especially if they have a delicate system.

This isn't a "food allergy", necessarily, it's simply the equivalent of a human eating big mac's three times a day every day.
try one of the human grade wet and dry foods, you may see a fairly quick change in skin and fur tone.
Helpful - 0
692762 tn?1227551281
no itching or losing of the fur. it seems raw,  ill try the root powder to see how that works. again thanks alot.
Helpful - 0
609884 tn?1227329403
Is she itching the area or losing fur?  Does the area seem scabby or flaky?

One thing you could do is give her yucca root powder supplement.  This is excellent for skin and coat and it helps relieve irritation and itching.  It's a bit pricy and cats don't like the taste, no matter what they tell you!  But it works.

Otherwise, you might just want to have her looked at by a vet.

By the way, if the peroxide fizzes up, it doesn't necessarily mean an infection.  Peroxide will do that any time it meets broken skin - a scratch or scrape or anything like that.  It is simply a reaction and like I said, it doesn't necessarily mean there is an infection.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Cats Community

Top Cats Answerers
874521 tn?1424116797
Canada..., SK
506791 tn?1439842983
Saint Mary's County, MD
242912 tn?1660619837
CA
740516 tn?1360942486
Brazil
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Ooh and aah your way through these too-cute photos of MedHelp members' best friends
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.