Aa
A
A
A
Close
Cats Community
4.03k Members

my cat has been drooling excessively

for the last two days my male cat has been drooling excessively. He is still eating, but not moving around very much. I have noticed with the excessive drooling it is making him hard to pick up his hard cat food. He has a swollen area on his paw with a small amount of dried blood..i am very worried about him.. he goes outside sometimes overnight.he goes across the road from my house where there is alot of woods, trees, and plants..if anyone knows what may be wrong with him please let me know...asap.
thanks
Jen
1 Responses
874521 tn?1424116797
COMMUNITY LEADER
hi...I would certainly take your kitty to a Vet asap. excessive drooling can be a tooth problem OR NAUSEA.....since you mentioned he goes outside and is in contact with many plants etc. he could have eaten something TOXIC....pesticides/insecticides/flea products....all contain organophoshates that are toxic to cats.
good luck and keep us posted ♥
Have an Answer?
Top Cats Answerers
874521 tn?1424116797
Canada..., SK
506791 tn?1439842983
Saint Mary's County, MD
242912 tn?1402543492
CA
740516 tn?1360942486
Brazil
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Ooh and aah your way through these too-cute photos of MedHelp members' best friends
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.