While trying to figure out things with myself I stumbled on Celiac disease which I check a lot of boxes for, pretty much all of them tbh. However my son who is 5.5 and has had issues with food since he was 6months checks an alarming amount of the boxes. The thing with my son is he has a feeding disorder, they’re just calling it selective eating disorder so he eats very few things. And now I’m wondering if this could be the major reason why this hasn’t been discovered earlier IF he indeed does have this. Symptoms are:
- Decreased appetite and food aversions, always had them. As a baby he would wimper when I fed him solids..
- Yellow pale-ish stool, has NEVER been brown, not once in his life and always been lose. Sometimes more than others. Always very soft. He’s had such problem with diaper rash, more like diaper burns from his stool while he was smaller.
- Low in iron. Confirmed by blood test.
- Developmental delays, mainly speech but also balance.
- He told us today with his limited speech that he doesn’t eat the edges of his French fries because it hurts his teeth.
- He does have heartburn. He’s never expressed it but I’ve suspected it since he was small. He swallows weirdly large amounts and he has a breath daily.
- Doctor thinks he should be ADHD tested because of his focus. I however have ADHD and see none of the symptoms in him. I think it could be mental fatigue.
- Not so much anymore but when he was younger AND we lived in a completely different country and his diet was slightly different he woke up many nights covered in an itching rash. Several nights a week.
- Very slow weight gain and he’s short. He’s turning 6 in September but has the same clothing size as a 4yo. He’s always gained weight but very slowly.
Should he react in a certain immediate way when he has gluten? What do I tell the doctor tomorrow? What/how do you test for this and how long do you have to wait for the answers?