Celiac Disease Community
879 Members

Complications from Celiac?

I was diagnosed with Celiac a year ago. As long as I can remember I have always had issues with bowel movements. I would go a month without one. To me it was normal. I was told I had IBS Combination. I had been doing ok on the gluten free diet, bm's were getting more regular. But for the last 3 months I have had major issues. Nothing makes me have a bm and if I do its seriously like a couple rabbit pellets. My body from neck down to my waist feels like one giant bruise. The Dr.'s here in my area don't really know a lot about Celiac just was they find on the internet and print out. But they also don't refer me to anyone who might know something. My insurance won't pay without a referral. Obviously not going for 3 months is bad and the toxins have to go somewhere, but what can I try to help get things moving along? I have done prescription strength miralax, laxatives, eating tons of fiber, drinking more nothing works. I am ready to give up on trying to feel better.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem