Hirshsprungs and celiac

Is hirshsprungs and celiac related. I have hirshsprungs and my mom and brother have celiac.   I can't loss weight I gain very easy.  I had a total colonectomy in 2005.   It is harederand harder to maintain a normal weight.   I am 47.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
There's no connection I know of between the two. Have you been checked for celiac? Many think celiac disease automatically means loss of weight, but that's not entirely true. Many with celiac disease have trouble with their weight and complaining about constantly feeling 'large' and do have increased weight problems.
Helpful - 0
Yes I do have celiac I follow a very strict gluten free diet

I need help learning how to take care of myself without a colon and celiac it takes all I have to function everyday.   If I don't get weekly vitamin b shots I am almost useless.  The only thing is I keep myself going Monday thur Friday for work I can keep my mind of it but come the weekend forget it.    I am very restricted on what I can eat.  Veggies and fruit run right though me, protein come out with sever ASIC that burns my skin extremely bad.  I need to loos 20 lbs to feel better but I cannot I walk 3 miles everyday.   I just want to feel better can you help.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Celiac Disease Community

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem