I could lose my man card for this......

Does anyone have any gluten free recipeis they could share?  I'm getting tired of eating grilled, fish, chicken, brown rice and potatos.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Here is the recipe.
I made an egg noodle and rolled it out and cut into 2”x5” aprox. Used this recipe http://www.recipezaar.com/60904

Then I used Prego spaghetti sauce and added fresh garlic, crushed and minced with a little garlic and onion powders. Olive oil and 1 can 6oz tomato paste.

Layered the sauce, noodles, cottage cheese, mozzarella then fresh spinach, sauce and noodles with more sauce topped with mozzarella. Baked covered with aluminum foil at 350° for 1 hour then uncover and bake 20 minutes more. Voila.

Helpful - 0
Yeast Rising Thick Pizza Crust
400°
This is it, the yeast rising pizza crust that you’ve been hungering for. This is simple to make, freezes well and will fool your friends into thinking they are eating pizza with a wheat crust.

2 C Rice flour 1 C Lukewarm water
2 C Tapioca flour        105° to 115°
2/3 C Dry milk powder or substitute 1 T Sugar
3½ t Xanthan gum 3 T Shortening
1 t Salt 4 Egg whites
2 t Pizza seasoning (optional)        @ room temp
2 T Dry yeast granules ½ C hot water

In a bowl of a heavy duty mixer, put flours, milk, Xanthan gum, and salt. Dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm water with the tablespoon of sugar added. Melt the shortening in the hot water.
With the mixer on low, blend the dry ingredients adding the seasoning if desired. Pour in the hot water and shortening, blending to mix. Add the egg whites, blend again, then add the yeast mixture. Beat on high speed for 4 minutes.
Spoon half the dough onto a greased cookie sheet or round pizza tin. With your hand in a plastic bag, pat the dough out in a circle about a 1/4 “ thick, except at the edges which should be higher to contain the sauce and fillings. Repeat with the second half of the dough.
Let rise 10 minutes, then bake in preheated 400° oven 5 to 7 minutes before spreading with your sauce and favorite toppings. Bake 20 to 22 minutes more.
Makes two 12½” pizzas serving 8 to 12

Nutrients per serving: Calories 240, Fat 5 g, Carbohydrate 42 g
      Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 240 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 5 g.
Helpful - 0
Wholegrain Gluten Free Bread (Tastes Like Whole wheat).
1 C Brown rice flour 1 C Water
½ C Millet flour 1¼ t Salt
¼ C Buckwheat 2 t Vinegar
¼ C Rice bran 2 T Olive Oil
½ C Tapioca starch 2 Whole Eggs
½ C Potato or Corn Starch 2 Egg whites
1 T Honey 2.5 t Xanthan gum
2.5 t Dry yeast

Preheat oven to 350°
Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl, mix well. Mix all wet ingredients in a separate bowl, mix well. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix well. Batter should be very thick but not like wheat bread dough. Spread batter into greased and rice-floured pan. Let rise until dough is just over the top of pan. (about 1 hr) Reduce above heat to 325° and bake until brown all over. (45-60min. maybe more)
If you like seeds, fold in sunflower seeds and or flax seeds into the mixed dough.
Helpful - 0
Delicious Peanut Butter Cookies
1 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla

Mix all ingredients together
Place small rolled dough balls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with fork dipped in sugar making a criss cross pattern. Bake 10-12 minutes at 350 Makes approx. 2 dz
Helpful - 0
I have celiac disease and I belong to a forum that has thousands of recipes.  There is a member in our forum with CD who is also a chef and restaurant owner.  The site is delphi forums under celiac disease.
Here's the address:

http://login.prospero.com/dir-login/index.asp?webtag=celiac&lgnDST=http%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Edelphiforums%2Ecom%2Fceliac%2Fmessages

Just copy and paste this into your address bar.

You can enter as a guest or sign up for the site which is well worth it.  There are many long time celiacs on this site and they have great advice.

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Celiac Disease Community

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem