Celiac Disease Community
877 Members

Is this Celiac I'm so desperate for an answer

I've been throwing up since august 7th. Everyday. i can't eat anything. i itch all over my body hurts. My pancreatic levels have been 800 They say I have Cronic gastritis but I think it's more than that they haven't ran any other tests on me i have a sister with lupus. I tired all the time I sleep consrantly or can't sleep at all i have anxiety and depression. I am very sick I have lost 22 pounds and still losing weight. Can some one please help me my dr's are not as i am on medicaid. Does it sound like Celiac also I have diarea really bad.
From eHow:

Causes, Signs and Symptoms of Autoimmune Pancreatitis
By Jordan Meyers, eHow Contributor

Autoimmune pancreatitis is a condition that affects the pancreas. The pancreas is found in the abdomen, where it helps to regulate the amount of glucose--a type of sugar that is naturally found in the body--in a person's blood. It also aids in digestion. Autoimmune pancreatitis is marked by inflammation of the pancreas.

Identification
Autoimmune pancreatitis is a chronic condition. Chronic means that the condition lasts for a long period of time, sometimes even years. According to the Mayo Clinic, autoimmune pancreatitis is an unusual type of pancreas condition. Far more common is acute pancreatitis, which typically lasts for just a few days. This condition tends to be more common in men and often appears in those who are middle aged or older. However, it is possible for it to occur in people who are much younger.
Effects
Autoimmune pancreatitis causes such symptoms as an inflamed pancreas, weight loss, abdominal pain, itching and back pain. It may also be accompanied by jaundice--a condition that affects the liver--and the recent diagnosis of diabetes. Generally, symptoms of the condition are said to be mild, especially when compared to those that affect people who've been diagnosed with acute pancreatitis.
Considerations
There are a several methods doctors use to diagnose autoimmune pancreatitis. Blood tests are commonly used to look for certain antibodies that indicate the disease. Also, diagnostic-imaging tests, such as ultrasounds, may be used in order to see the pancreas. A biopsy--a test that involves removing a tissue sample from the body--may also be used to determine whether or not a person has this condition and distinguish it from cancer of the pancreas, which often causes some of the same symptoms
Function
Autoimmune pancreatitis is caused by problems with the immune system. An affected person's immune system sees the pancreas as a foreign or threatening body. The immune system then sends antibodies to attack and fight the threat. When they attack the pancreas, inflammation forms, which leads to the diagnosis of autoimmune pancreatitis. The attack of the immune system may also lead to hardening of the pancreatic tissues.
Prevention/Solution
Autoimmune pancreatitis is typically treated with corticosteroids--steroid hormones, such as a medication called prednisone (Meticorten or Sterapred). This medication is taken orally for a period of about 3 months. The treatment tends to work well and relieve symptoms for the majority of the patients who undergo it. However, it is possible to have a relapse and need more medication.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem