Celiac Disease Community
879 Members

Misdiagnosed Fibromyalgia

After 10 years for me and 28 for my mom, we have finally been diagnosed with Celiac. For a very long time we both thought we had Fibromyalgia and were both officially diagnosed by several different doctors. Anyone else out there have the same thing happen?

That is terrible what happened to you & your mother. I have CFS myself and you wouldn't believe how long it took me to get a diagnosis. I was also misdiagnosed in the past as well.

So how are you doing now ? Have all of your symptoms resolved ? I was on a gluten free diet myself for awhile because many people with CFS cannot tolerate gluten very well.
I had mono/EBV and was told I had CFS and Fibromialgia.  Years later I found out I had Celiac all along.  Now I'm not sure about the Fibro.   I do have pains, and I failed some kind of test where the Dr. checked pressure points.  Still I also could have been misdiagnosed with Fibro when it was really Celiac.  Maybe it's both!  No matter, the gf diet really helps.  I wish you luck.  So many people are never diagnosed.  It's a starting point, right!

Lori
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem