Oil in stool

I have been cutting gluten out of my diet after being told by a nutritionist that my digestive problems could be caused by an allergy to gluten. I did a bit of research and seemed to match most symptoms so I decided to follow the nutritionists advice. After a month of fairly little gluten I spent the weekend over Easter eating things I would not have eaten in my normal day. I felt odd asking what the ingredients were in dishes as I was meeting my boyfriends family for the first time so I just ate very small portions of a few things that might not have been wise for me to eat. I also ate a very small piece of cornbread. I had some stomach cramping, nothing like when I was diagnosed with IBS which I have had in control for a long time now with diet and exercise.
But a day later I find oil in the tbowl after a bowel movement. It was bright orange oily globs floating all over the top and floating up from the stool.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It sounds like fat malabsorption. But the other thing to check is if any of the products you ate contained olestra. It can produce what 'fat malabsorption.'
Helpful - 0
Thanks,
As far as I know I haven't eaten anything with Olestra and it has now been going on for 5 days. I was set up for my yearly womens exam and pap at my family dr and asked but they didn't seem to worried about it. She did take blood to do a hemoglobin test and a gluten test so I should hear back next week.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Celiac Disease Community

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem