Aa
A
A
A
Close
Celiac Disease Community
877 Members

shopping

hi i have been diagnosed with celiac for 2.5yrs now. it runs in my family. I have been on a gf diet since then.
I was feeling better until a couple of mos ago. my symptoms are returning i think. i actually get migraines from
gluten. werid i know it definetly an atypical symptom. the rest of my family has more typical ones. im very careful about my diet. im not sure where im messing up. i do alot of reading and research on the interent and in books.
there arent any good docs in my area. most docs dont know anything or I am more well read on the subject than they are. does anyone have any reccomendations for shopping? i have been using a gf ingredient list from celiac.com and the gf restaurant guide occasionally. I also cut out any meats cured w sodium nitrates bc a family member read that they could also be a problem. I try to use only olive oil. though occasionally if i dont have a choice i use canolia. my spices are gf. does anyone have any ideas?

also has anyone used the gf grocery guide from triumphdining? im not sure its anywhere near acurate what do u think?
1 Responses
Have u checked all of your other products, like lotions, shampoos, soaps, etc? Could there be cross contamination from a shared kitchen? You have to go over EVERYTHING, and it should pop up somewhere.

Also, migraines are not that uncommon as a symptom.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem