Cerebral Palsy Community
555 Members

CP/seizures

I have a 15 year old daughter with severe CP and seizure disorder. I often wondered what her life expectancy would be. How much could her body take with the seizure activity? They are under good control, however, she does have a strong seizure lasting 10-20 minutes a few times a week.
CP is not a progressive disorder (meaning the actual brain damage does not worsen), but the symptoms can become worse over time due to 'wear and tear.' A person with the disorder may improve somewhat during childhood if he or she receives extensive care from specialists, but once bones and musculature become more established, orthopedic surgery may be required for fundamental improvement. People who have CP tend to develop arthritis at a younger age than normal because of the pressure placed on joints by excessively toned and stiff muscles.

How much she can take cannot be predicted.
ref:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerebral_palsy
Regards and God bless.
Thanks for your comments.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease