Cerebral Palsy Community
553 Members

Help - Cerebral Palsy

my son has been preliminarily diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy and I am trying to get a definite diagnosis. I have contacted the Society for Cerebral Palsy and still waiting for a reply. My thing is that I want him to start physio and all the other therapies as soon as possible and have no idea where to start/

If anyone can please help.

email:***@****
phone:0842868825

Thank you
How are you? Definite diagnosis of Cerebral palsy warrants s full neurological exam and diagnostic tests such as blood tests and imaging studies like CT scan or MRI  of the head, EEG and vision and hearing tests. This link may help: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001734/

The following organizations are also good resources for information on cerebral palsy:
1. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke - www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/cerebral_palsy/cerebral_palsy.htm
2. United Cerebral Palsy - www.ucp.org
3. U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/dd/ddcp.htm
Take care and best regards.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease