Not so much a question, but glad I found this site

I'm 42 years old and have over the last few years noticed increased back/neck/hip pain. I was diagnosed as a child with a mild  spastic CP affecting primarily my legs and I have a deformed left hip and shorter and thinner left leg. I had several surgeries as a child (mainly tendon lengthening). I was fortunate that aside from an obvious limp I was able to do most things.

I'm glad to have found this site where I can see that I am not the only one who has concerns with decreased mobility and increased pain. I have been working as a police officer for the last 17 years (I was lucky to find a department willing to take a chance on me). I thought I was alone in having this decreased mobility and other issues. Most of the information I was able to find on CP kept saying that CP is non progressive. To a point that makes sense but it doesn't take into account the issues that come with aging and the toll on our bodies due to muscular and skeletal deformity.

Right now I'm dealing with the possibility of having to pursue a disability retirement from the police department, my problem is the potential roadblock because our retirement system does not recognize preexisting conditions as a reason to allow a disability retirement (basically if you could work with it when you started, why can't you now).

At any rate I'm just glad to see that I'm not alone in dealing with this stuff.
Welcome.  Perhaps some modest home exercise equipment and training would extend your capabilities.  May I remark that there are seniors in their eighties and nineties who work hard at getting and staying fit so they can participate in marathons and other competitive athletic events?  There's one lady, (who made it to 95) who accumulated hundreds of gold medals doing this (there's a good book about her:  What Makes Olga Run?).

My point is that our bodies (at least our muscles and to a slower extent, our ligaments and bones) often have enormous potential for improvement and strengthening.  Or not.  Perhaps it would help to read about some athelitic success stories including those with cerebral palsy. (some examples are at:  http://cerebralpalsy.org/inspiration/athletes/ )
Hi I'm new to this site and came across your post.  I'm 45 now and like you I am finding it hard with the pain in my legs, I know people harp on about exercise and everything but I find it makes me worse, even the physio's here don't know how to help (uk based) so I'm under pain specialists in London but still in pain.  If you want to talk just post and I will get back to you ASAP, if you have found some help with the pain please let me know

You are reading content posted in the Cerebral Palsy Community

Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease