Females : Cancer info, cause and diagnose problems

Hello Doc Team,

I am 27 yrs old girl from India and would like to know more about Cervical and Breat Cancer causes and early detection programs. Also which are recommended +SAFE hospitals to get it examine here.

Please let me know the procedure, cost and info if it's painful :(
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Most cervical cancer is caused by a virus called human papillomavirus, or HPV. You can get HPV by having sexual contact with someone who has it. For the detection, you should get regular PAP smears done. If a Pap test shows abnormal cell changes, your doctor may do other tests to look for precancerous or cancer cells on your cervix and these include colposcopy and colposcopic guided biopsy.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Helpful - 0

Regarding breast cancer, It's not clear what causes breast cancer.  Researchers have identified things that can increase your risk of breast cancer. But it's not clear why some people who have no risk factors develop cancer, yet other people with risk factors never do. Breast cancer is diagnosed by breast examination, mammogram, breast ultrasound or MRI scan and if need arises a biopsy of the breast tissue.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Helpful - 0
Hello Doc,

Thank you for the information.

As of now, with God's blessing, I am good and healthy.

Since I am going to be 30 soon and have my mom and younger sis, just would like to follow-up on these diseases so that I could convince them and myself to get tested and go for authorized check-up.

Thanks again and Happy New Year ! :D
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Cervical Cancer Community

New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.