Cervical Cancer Community
442 Members

Glandular and Squamous cells on pap.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has experienced any of the following conditions at the same time? I am a 42 year old female with a history of 2 C-sections.  I begin irregular periods about 5 months ago. I experience cramping in my abdomen every day but I also have IBS so I thought it was just that. I had an abnormal pap smear 2 years ago with endometrial cells that after a biopsy by doctor told me I was just going through menopause. I had a pap smear in October this year that showed many AGUS (glandular cells of undetermined significance). My doctor sent me in to have an Ultrasound both abdominal and transvaginal. The results showed a small fibroid and an ovarian cyst. Nothing serious though. I then had two more pap smears since then with results of squamous cells and more glandular cells. Last week I went in for a colposcopy. During the procedure, the doctor stated that I have an island of abnormal cells on one side and a different type of abnormal cells on the other. waiting for the results of the biopsy.  I have a very strong tolerance to pain but the endocervical biopsy came with blinding pain due to my cervix entrance being Z shaped.  I have to have a D & C tomorrow and I'm exhausted! I'm still cramping and having no clue what is going on. Any suggestions of questions to ask my doctor or other tests to try? Thank you so much for your time. God Bless!
How are you now?
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.