Cervical Cancer Community
442 Members

cervical smear test result don't know what it means HELP

Hi everyone I didn't know what forum to post this question but I thought someone here may be able to help me. So here goes I had a smear test over a year ago which came bak with borderline abnormalities so 6mths later I had another smear which came bak mild abnormalities so I had my biospy feb 2011 which showed I needed treatment so I got my treatment may 2011 I was told I would hav to hav another smear later to find out if my abnormalities were gone. I've just been for my first smear since my treatment this feb and I got my results today but I don't understand them it says my recent smear test shows no changes which would need further examination. I've to get a follow up smear in 6mths. But I don't understand do I still have abnormalities or not. Can someone please help me. Thanx
It is good that the cervical smear has shown no abnormality. You should get a repeat smear done and if there is some abnormality then you may need to get a colposcopy and a biopsy done to rule out any dysplasia or malignancy.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.