Chiari Malformation Community

4mm Chiari

I was just diagnosed with a 4mm Chiari.  I have complained about symptoms to my primary physician for years.  I saw this forum, and thank you for all of the help.  I am looking to see if Kaiser in Southern California has a specialist.  So far my neurologist and neurosurgeon stated to watch and see due to it only being 4mm.  I have had dizziness, difficulty concentrating, vision issues, severe headaches, balance, and very minor ringing in my ears for several years now.  I was told I have migraines and is not related to the Chiari.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

SIze of herniation is not something to look at too much as there are other issues, one being you are symptomatic...the other is you need to be checked for a CSF obstruction and lastly you need to be checked for ALL related conditions as well as non related to rule them out.

You want a true Chiari specialist not just a NS that knows about Chiari,,,,,keep that in mind while researching Drs.
I went out of state to get one of the best I could.

We have a list for your State and I remember we had members in the Kaiser medical system and they used some of these Drs....this list is not a referral nor an endorsement or even saying which ones work with Kaiser.....it is merely a tool for you to start researching Drs.

CALIFORNIA

Dr. Langston Holly
Dr. Ulrich Batzdorf
UCLA, Westwood, CA
UCLA/Santa Monica Medical Center

Paul S. Jackson, M.D., Ph.D.
Palo Alto Center
795 El Camino Real
Level 3, Lee Building
Palo Alto, California 94301
(650) 853-2919

Dr. Jorge Lazareff, MD
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
200 Medical Plaza, Suites 140
Peter Morton Medical Build
Los Angeles, CA
(310)794-7700 Patient appoint.

Dr. Samuel F. Ciricillo
2800 L Street $5
Sacramento, CA
916-454-6850